Parents and Board
We encourage parents to get involved in different aspects of school life. Our Home School and Community Liaison (HSCL) teacher provides information regarding adult classes and services for families in the local area. Our HSCL also encourages parents to come into the school and take part in different initiatives and activities designed to be fun and interactive for all. It creates a fun, friendly environment in which the children are learning, while also giving our parents the chance to play an active role in school based learning.
We always love to see parents getting involved and encourage them to contribute to school life as much as possible on a Parent's Association. Our HSCL also organises monthly meetings for parents to come and talk about how the school is doing and to get involved in any fundraising initiatives we organise.
We have a dedicated Parents' room for Parent group meetings.
The Board is made up of representatives of the Patron (Edmund Rice Schools Trust), staff, community and parents. If there are matters you would like to see addressed by the Board you can write to the Chair. The current Board (2016) are;
- Kevin Gillen (Principal)
- Donna Keegan (Teachers)
- Danielle Flynn (ERST - Chair)
- John Shanley (ERST)
- Eoin Kilfeather (Parent)
- Eilish Cattanach (Parent)
- Fiona O'Brien (Community)
- Theresa Clarke (Community)
Board of Management meeting:
The Board of Management met on Tuesday the 4th of October. Please see below a report of what was discussed:
- As the Board met for the first time this academic year, we would like to thank staff and parents for their continued support.
- Work on the new roof in the school hall has been completed.
- Improvements for school maintenance and up-keep are in progress.
- The new website has been launched. Follow the website, or sign up for the weekly newsletters, for up to date news. New ideas and feedback are very welcome.
- The Enrollment, Child Protection and Anti-Bullying policies will be reviewed this term.